STALLHOLDER INFORMATION SHEET
Operating hours: 6am – midday Saturdays only
Location: Behind the Otara Town Centre in the carpark on Watford and Newbury Streets.
Cost of a casual stall (incl. GST):
|1.||Clothing/arts & craft/toys/shoes/drinks/lollies/
|2.||Fruit & Vegetables||Carpark||$56.20|
|3.||Used clothing & goods||Carpark||$22.50|
|4.||Clothing/arts & craft/toys/shoes/drinks/lollies/
|5.||Used clothing & goods||Hall||$17.50|
What is the size of a stall?
- One car park site is 6m x 2.5m
- An inside stall is 75cm x 1.8m
Do you provide gazebos?
- No. If you bring your own measurement of 6m x 2.5m is the maximum for a gazebo to fit comfortably on one carpark site
Do you provide tables?
- We provide tables and chairs for stalls inside the hall
- We hire tables for carpark stalls at $10 per table plus a security bond (bond is returned when table is received by us) of either:
- New Zealand driver’s licence
- $100 cash
- Credit card
What time must I be there for a stall?
- We ask that you be inside Te Puke o Tara Community Centre Hall located on Newbury Street in Otara at 5.30am (for a carpark stall) or between 6.30 – 7am (for an inside stall) on Saturday morning
- Please be prepared to wait up to an hour for our Supervisor to allocate you a site
- No guarantees but we will do our very best to find you a site
When do I pay?
- Payment is due Saturday morning when we’ve allocated you a site
What am I not allowed to sell?
- Shoes previously worn
- Meat or poultry fresh, frozen or canned
- Seafood fresh, frozen or canned
- Food with fresh cream
- Sausage sizzles
- Food products expired by its use by date
- Canned or bottled food/drinks without labels
- Food that is not properly sealed or wrapped
- Firearms, weapons e.g. knives, swords, etc
- Illegal copyright music CDs and DVDs
- Sale of counterfeit products
- Smoking paraphernalia
What licences do I need to sell food?
You must have one of these licences to operate a mobile food stall:
Street Trader Licence (issued by Manukau City Council) or
- Mobile Shop Licence (issued by North Shore, Auckland City)
- Contact Auckland Council on (09)262 8900 for further information
How do I apply for a permanent stall?
- You can fill in an application form from our office and you will be added to our waiting list of applicants
Thank you for your enquiry
M: 021 274 0830